St. Mary Parish Sheriff Blaise Smith advises that over the last 24-hour reporting period, the Sheriff's Office responded to 38 complaints and reports the following arrests:
Darius Dwyone Preston, 22, Baldwin, LA, was arrested on March 17, 2021, at 4:13 pm on a warrant for failure to appear on the following charges:
- Illegal carrying of concealed weapons
- Operating a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, motorized bicycle without a safety helmet
- Failure to wear approved eye protective device
- Careless operation of a motor vehicle
- Operating a vehicle while license is suspended
Preston was released on a $3,500 bond.
Julius Celestine, 19, Houma, LA, was arrested on March 17, 2021, at 1:21 pm for improper lane usage, possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Celestine was released on a summons to appear on June 28, 2021.