Home Breaking News Franklin Home a Total Loss After Fire Caused by Heater

Franklin Home a Total Loss After Fire Caused by Heater

by KQKInews
1 minutes read

A Franklin residence is a total loss as a result of a Friday afternoon fire. Firefighters from Franklin and Centerville were dispatched to a house fire at the corner of Pecot Street and Eagle Street at 5:18 pm. Franklin firefighters on scene within three minutes and immediately began deploying hoses to shield the neighboring home from the flames. Mutual aid from Baldwin Volunteer Fire Department and District 11 Fire Department was requested to help tackle the blaze.

The fire was deemed under control by 6:47 pm, thanks to the coordinated efforts of the fire departments. Acadian Ambulance remained on scene throughout the incident, but fortunately, no injuries to firefighters or civilians were reported.

Investigators have determined that the fire started from a heater, which led to the complete loss of the structure. The Red Cross is now providing support to those affected by the fire.

Franklin Fire Chief Chuck Bourgeois emphasizes the need for residents to inspect their heaters before using them, especially with colder weather in the forecast, to ensure they are operated safely.

You may watch our live coverage from the scene by clicking here.



You may also like

Advertise With Us

Let us help your business grow. Contact us today for advertising opportunities on the radio and also on our website.

iPhone, Android, and iPad Apps

Receive notifications about breaking news, traffic, weather, and more on your mobile device. It’s the KQKI news site on your mobile device.

Laest News

© 2023 Teche Broadcasting Corp. Weather Alerts provided by WillyWeather

Update Required Flash plugin