Home Local News Franklin Apartments Damaged by Thursday Afternoon Fire

Franklin Apartments Damaged by Thursday Afternoon Fire

by KQKInews
1 minutes read

Franklin Fire Department was dispatched to Hospital Avenue at 1:28 pm on Thursday afternoon for smoke coming from the roof of a residence, which had been evacuated by the residents. While en route to the scene, the call was upgraded to a structure fire. Centerville, Baldwin and Chitimacha Fire Departments were also dispatched for mutual aid.

The first units to arrive found a two-unit apartment with smoke emitting from the gable vents and eaves. Upon making entry into a vacant apartment unit, firefighters found smoke inside the unit. Utilizing a Thermal Imaging Camera, a fire was located in the attic. Firefighters were able to pull the ceiling to gain access to the attic and extinguish the fire. No injuries were reported.

A faulty heating unit is the suspected cause of the fire.

You may also like

Advertise With Us

Let us help your business grow. Contact us today for advertising opportunities on the radio and also on our website.

iPhone, Android, and iPad Apps

Receive notifications about breaking news, traffic, weather, and more on your mobile device. It’s the KQKI news site on your mobile device.

Laest News

© 2023 Teche Broadcasting Corp. Weather Alerts provided by WillyWeather

Update Required Flash plugin