Parish President David Hanagriff has announced that St. Mary Parish has recently met the specific positivity infection criteria to opt in and allow bars to open by falling under the required 5% COVID-19 positivity rate for two consecutive weeks as per Section 2 (B)(3) of Proclamation Number JBE 2020-117 issued by Governor Jon Bel Edwards.. Therefore, St. Mary Parish will affirmatively opt-in and allow bars and other Class A – General establishments located in the parish to operate within the guidelines and restrictions set forth in the aforementioned Proclamation Number JBE 2020-117.
Bars and other Class AG permit holders in St. Mary Parish may reopen under the following restrictions:
1. Bars may reopen and offer tableside service only. Standing and bar service will be prohibited.
2. Indoor capacity shall be limited to a 25% occupancy rate or fifty (50) people, whichever is less.
3. Outdoor capacity shall be limited to fifty (50) people and only for tableside service.
4. Tables shall be spaced in accordance with State Fire Marshall social distancing guidelines.
5. Bars and other Class AG permit holders including daiquiri shops must cease all sale and service of alcoholic beverages and close no later than 11 P.M.
6. No person under the age of twenty-one (21) shall be allowed on to the premises.
7. Live music is prohibited.