St. Mary Parish Sheriff Blaise Smith advises that over the last 24-hour reporting period, the Sheriff’s Office responded to 35 complaints and reports the following arrests:
Gabriel Elizabeth Mayon, 22, Bayou Lourse, LA, was arrested on June 27, 2022, at 1:49 pm on the following charges:
- domestic abuse battery child endangerment law
- failure/owner to secure registration
- expired license plate
- failure to yield
Bail has not been set.
Israel Joseph Washington III, 21, Abbeville, LA, was arrested on June 27, 2022, at 2:54 pm on the following charges:
- Window tint violation
- Improper lane usage
- Turning movements and required signals
- Possession of schedule I (marijuana)
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Transactions involving proceeds from drug offenses
- Possession of firearm in the presence of CDS
Washington was released on an $80,000 bond.
All persons arrested are presumed innocent until proven guilty.