St. Mary Parish Sheriff Blaise Smith advises that over the last 24-hour reporting period, the Sheriff’s Office responded to 32 complaints and reports the following arrests:
Bernard Haynes Davis, Jr., 24, Franklin, LA, was arrested on May 17, 2022, at 2:07 pm on a warrant for failure to appear on the following charges:
- Possession of marijuana or synthetic cannabinoids with intent to distribute
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Resisting an officer
- Improper lane usage
- Operating a vehicle without a driver’s license
Davis was released on a $30,000 bond.
Ernest Dugas Jr., 66, Jeanerette, LA, was arrested on May 17, 2022, at 5:28 pm on a warrant for failure to appear on the charge of issuing worthless checks. Bail has not been set.
Sirrice Thomas Johnson Jr., 49, Baldwin, LA, was arrested on May 18, 2022, at 10:57 pm on the following charges:
- Bicycle equipment required for night operation
- Resisting an officer by giving false information
- Possession of schedule II drug with intent to distribute
- Introduction of contraband-penal institute
- Failure to appear warrant: theft and criminal trespassing
Bail was set at $25,500.