Mrs. Almetra J. Franklin, CEO, for St. Mary/Vermilion Community Action Agency would like to announce we will begin accepting appointments on Tuesday, January 25, 2022, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. You may call the central office at (337) 893-2528 to set up your appointment in the Vermilion Parish area or (337) 828-5703/5705 in the St. Mary Parish area. No Walk-Ins. If you don't have all information, your application will not be processed.
LIHEAP UTILITY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM: The LIHEAP Utility Assistance Program helps low-income households pay their heating and cooling bills as well as increase their energy self-sufficiency. This program
targets people with the lowest incomes and the highest energy costs based on their income and family size.
Additional targets are low-income households that include the elderly, persons with disabilities, and young
CRISIS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM: We will also take applications for the Crisis Assistance Program. This program is to help households whose lights and/or gas bills are turned off or threatened to be disconnected due to do no other means of payment. Households are eligible for one crisis payment not to exceed $600.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be responsible for the household energy bill and have an active account. Applicant may only receive one LIHEAP benefit each season.
Heating: November 15 - March 15
Cooling: April 1- September 30
Crisis: October 1- September 30
INFORMATION NEEDED TO APPLY:
- Driver's license or picture ID of everyone 18 and over in Household
- Social Security card for ALL members living in household
- CURRENT LIGHT, GAS, AND WATER BILLS
- Last 30 DAYS check stubs for employed household members
- CURRENT Proof of unearned income (Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, Pension Funds, Disability,
- Proof of present address (Cable, Telephone, Water, rent receipt, lease, or deed, etc.)
- Disconnect notice (if you received a shut-off notice from your energy company)
- Rental/Lease Agreement
- Additional information may be required to determine your eligibility for energy assistance.
2022 LIHEAP 60% ESTIMATED STATE MEDIAN INCOME LEVELS
Number in Household, Gross Income Per Month