At approximately 11:23 Friday night, the Patterson Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to the 500 block of Leo Drive in reference to a male who was burned by a fire. Patterson Fire Chief Scott Hutton told KQKI News that a male subject was attempting to relight a fire in a barrel with gasoline. The gasoline then splashed onto the male subject and ignited, resulting in burns to multiple areas of his body. He was transported to Bayou Bend Health System in Franklin by Acadian Ambulance to intercept with Acadian Air Med, which transported him to an out of area burn center.
Hutton encourages everyone to use caution and not use gasoline to light a fire.