Local NewsSt. Mary Parish

Morgan City Home Sustains Moderate Damage in Saturday Night Fire

Thanks to working smoke detectors, a Morgan City family was able to escape unharmed after an attached garage caught fire late Saturday night.Β  At approximately 10:40 pm, the Morgan City Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire in the 900 block of Hickory Street. The first engine arrived and reported smoke and fire showing from the garage area of the two-story home. Firefighters were able to gain access to the garage by cutting through the metal garage doors. Morgan City Assistant Fire Chief John MacDougall told KQKI News that fire and water damage were confined to the garage while the home sustained smoke damage.

MacDougall credited working smoke detectors for alerting the occupants who were able to quickly escape and contact the fire department.Β  He added that it was a good save by firefighters and that the damage is repairable. There were no injuries reported to civilians or firefighters.

Show More

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
Skip to content