St. Mary Community Action Agency, Inc. is once again participating in the Summer Food Service Program. This year the program begins on Monday, June 15, 2020 with seven (7) feeding sites providing meals for children throughout St. Mary Parish. This year’s GRAB and GO feeding program is for LUNCH only. Staff will hand persons the meals as they drive by. There will be no inside feeding. Only one meal per child is allowed. If multiple meals are requested without the child(ren) present, the parent/guardian must complete a form. Information required on this form is parent’s name, address, phone number, child(ren)’s name, and age. All meals must be picked up between the hours of 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM – NO EXCEPTIONS! Children up to the age of 18 are eligible, however, a child must be able to feed themselves to receive a meal. The sites for this year in St. Mary Parish are:
- Bayou Vista Community Center, 1333 Belleview Street, Bayou Vista. La
- Morgan City Junior High, 911 Marguerite St., Morgan City, La
- Hattie Watts Elementary School, 1307 Third Street, Patterson, La
- Siracusaville Recreational Center, 1106 Grace Street, Siracusaville La
- St. Mary Alternative School, 131 Clausen Rd., South, Verdunville, La
- West St. Mary Civic Center, 1498 Hwy. 318, Four Corners, La
- Raintree Elementary School, 501 Raintree Drive, Baldwin, La
The sites will be closed on July 3rd, 2020 for the Independence Day holiday. The program’s last day is July 10th. Meals are free and no child will be turned away based on age, race, color, creed, disability, or nationality.
Any person who believes he or she has been discriminated against in any USDA related activity should write or call immediately to:
US Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue- S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20250