LAFAYETTE, La. – The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development announces that due to the potential impacts of Hurricane Delta, the following bridges throughout the Acadiana region will be temporarily closed to marine traffic.
CLOSURES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
• Estherwood Pontoon
• Vermilion at Ambassador Caffery
• Vermilion River at Pinhook Road
• Vermilion River at Eloi Broussard
• Vermilion River at Milton
• Little Prairie (Old ICC)
• Tigre Bayou
• Vermilion at Abbeville Bypass
• Vermilion at Old Abbeville
• Vermilion River (Perry)
• Vermilion River at Woodlawn Bridge
The following bridges will be closed to marine traffic, beginning Thursday, October 8, 2020, at 6 p.m.
• Teche Bayou at Adeline
• Teche Bayou at Willow
• Teche Bayou at Charenton
• Teche Bayou at Sterling
The following additional closures will take effect Friday, October 9, 2020, at 12 a.m.
• Teche Bayou at Nelson Canal
• Teche Bayou at Jefferson Street
• Teche Bayou at Duperior Street
• Teche Bayou at Lewis Street
• Patout Bayou Weeks Island
• Teche Bayou at Bayside
• Teche Bayou at Loreauville
• Teche Bayou at Morbihan
• Teche Bayou at Daspit
• Teche Bayou at Jeanerette
• Teche Bayou at Olivier
• Teche Bayou at Breaux Bridge
• Teche Bayou at St. Martinville
• Teche Bayou at Keystone
• Teche Bayou at Parks
DOTD will continue to monitor weather conditions and will advise of any changes.
DOTD has the following resources in place to assist motorists.
• MyDOTD: Motorists can receive information on local projects, lane and road closures, and other DOTD activity by signing up for MyDOTD at www.dotd.la.gov.
• 511 Traveler Information: Travelers can also find information regarding road closures and traffic by visiting www.511la.org or by dialing 511 from their telephone and saying the route or region about which they are seeking information. Out-of-state travelers can access the system by calling 1-888-ROAD-511 (1-888-762-3511).