On September 24, 2020, the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office responded to a shooting in the 100 block of Freetown Lane in Belle Rose, LA. The shooting claimed the life of 21-year-old Cameron R. Brooks of 7287 Sumrall Dr., Baton Rouge, LA. Two other individuals, including a 51-year-old male on scene and an 11-year-old juvenile, who was struck while inside of a residence, were injured in the shooting. Both sustained non-life-threatening injuries. Detectives initiated an investigation into the homicide. As a result of the investigation, detectives secured an arrest warrant, charging Shontun Joseph (B/M, 18 years of age, 160A Freetown Lane, Belle Rose, LA) with the following charges related to his role in the homicide:
– One count of LA RS 14:30.1 Second Degree Murder
– One count of LA RS 14:27.30.1 Attempted Second-Degree Murder
– One count of LA RS 14:34.7 – Aggravated Second-Degree Battery
– One count of LA RS 14:55 Aggravated Criminal Damage to Property
– One count of LA RS 14:37.4 Aggravated Assault with a Firearm
– One count of LA RS 14:94 Illegal Use of Weapons or Dangerous Instrumentalities
Detectives are actively searching to apprehend Shontun Joseph. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is urged to contact the detectives’ office at 985-526-1627 or the communications division at 985-369-2912. Please do not approach Joseph as he should be considered armed and dangerous.